Thursday, March 12, 2015

Munupe theliyaka poyena

Munupe  theliyaka poyena
By
Saint Thyagaraja
Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander
Ragam Bangala
THalam  DEsadhi
Pallavi
Munupe  theliyaka poyena,
Muninutha   dhayaledhaa yenaa
Pallavi
Did you not  know my state  of affairs earlier ,
Oh Lord  praised by sages, do you not  have any mercy ?
Anupallavi
Anuvisumantha  lethanusunu nan-,
Nalayinchi   veduka   joochutaku.
Anupallavi
To  enjoy seeing me run here and there ,
Did you not tell me that it is not  the proper time?
Charanam
Aanati  manchi nadathanu  joochi nee-,
Vathayantha   krupa seya ledhaa,
Yinadu   namadhi   itlounani nee-,
kInakula  thilaka Thyagaraja  nutha.
Charanam
Earlier did you not watch over  my good behavior,
And showed  me your mercy, Oh Greatest of  clan of sun,
And did you not know that   my mind  ,
Would be getting tossed about now, Oh Lord Worshipped by Thyagharaja.


No comments:

Post a Comment