Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dasaratha Nandana, Dhanava Mardana

Dasaratha  Nandana, Dhanava Mardana
By
Saint Thyagaraja
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander
Ragam  Asaveri
Thalam AAdhi
Pallavi
Dasaratha  Nandana, Dhanava Mardana,
Dhayaya maam pahi
Pallavi
Oh son of Dasaratha , Oh killer of Asuras ,
With kindness  protect me.
Charanam
1.Chalunu  maya jalamu  cheya ,
Jalanu   thoya jalayaa  Raya.
Charanam
1,Oh  Lord who lives on the lotus of my heart , enough of this ,
Magical tricks  , I would not be able to bear your delay.
2.Manasuna naree manulanu  gori,
Janulatho   jeri  jeppa nee dhari
2.Due to having desire   for ladies in my mind
Joining with others, I was not able to speak out about  your path.
3.Dhanikuni nenji  thanuvunu   benji,
Vani thala kanji  vadharudhu  bonji.
3.After joining with rich people, and nurturing   this body,
I developed love towards ladies and wandered  babbling.
4,Nay  Paradesi  nerppuna  gaasi,
Bapave   tasi   pavanu jesi
4.Please understanding that  I am an outsider(beggar),
And knowing my sorrow , come near me and  make me  pure.
5. SArvamu  neevu  sareku   ravu,
Garvamulu   levu  garakkuna  brovu
5.Though you are everything , wouldn’t  ,
You show mercy to me  , I  am not proud,
Please protect me  now itself.
6.Valasithi Neela varna  susheela ,
Chala mika   nela   swami  nay  thala.
6.Oh blue coloured one, Oh good natured one,
Why this anger at me, I cannot bear  it.
7.SAgara sayana  , sarasa nayana,
THyagraja  vana  tharaka suguna.
7.Oh Lord who sleeps on ocean , Oh lotus eyed one,
Oh Good natured one   who  would make Thyagaraja cross   the Samsara.



No comments:

Post a Comment