Monday, October 3, 2011

Kakkai chiraginile Nanda lala

Kakkai chiraginile Nanda lala
By
Mahakavi Bharathiar


Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Ragam Yadhu kula Khambhoji
Thalam AAdi

(Lord Krishna was the God to whom this great poet sang)

1.Kakkai chiraginile Nanda laala, ninthan,
Kariya niram thondruthayye Nanda lala

2.Parkkum marangalellam Nanda laala , ninthan,
Pachai niram thondruthu aye , Nanda lala

3.Ketkkum oliyellaam Nanda Lala , Ninthan,
Geetham isaikkuthada, Nanda Laala

4.Theekkul kaiyai vaithal , Nanda Laala-ninnai
Thendum inbam thondruthada , Nanda Laalaa

English Translation

1.Oh Lord who is the darling of Nanda,
I see in the black of the feathers of the crow,
Your colour of black, Oh darling lord.

2.In whichever tree I see , oh darling lord,
I see your green colour , oh Lord.

3.In whichever song I hear my darling Lord,
I am able to hear your music only, my lord

4.And if I keep my finger inside a raging fire,
I only feel that sweet sensation of touching you.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful translation. I will refer the website to the children of a Balvihar class that I am teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ramachander for the translation.
    Bharathiyar is a Great poet that everyone knows, Only few knows that he is a Saint(mei nyani)
    The meaning that he has given on this passage is about almighty(GOD)
    he has not given name for the GOD as krishna, he feels GOD is everywhere, what he hear, what he see, what he sense...
    According to Bharathiyar view GOD has no shape... that's what the poet says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the meaning of Nanda lala?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know the exact meaning of the lyrics until I read this today. Blown away by it's simplicity yet vivid imagination. Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. अनुवाद हेतु धन्यवाद।

    ReplyDelete