Saturday, January 16, 2021

Mamara Cholayile(tamil)

 Mamara  Cholayile(tamil)

 

By

Aandavan Pichai

 

Translated  by

P.R.Ramachander

 

Ragam Chenchurutti

Talam Rupakam

 

Charanam 1

Mamara  cholayile thendral konjum, malai  pozhudhinile

Ten madhura tamizh, kaninthu oru theenkural ketten

 

In  the mango garden, in the evening  when southern breeze was  lisping

I heard a sweet voice  which was in ripened honey like tamil

 

Charanam 2

Kaman Karuthu azhiyum than perezhil katti oar balan vandhaan

Namam  Murugan endraan, anbar manam naadiya nadhan yendraan

 

One boy  whose  beauty  would even shatter  the mind of love God, showing his great beautycame,

He said  his name was Murugaand heis a lord who attracted the mind of  friends

 

Charanam 3

Ennai  azhaithu vittal avarukku ennayum  thandhiduven

Innal yellam  thavirppen, yeppodhum mei  inbam pozhinthiduven

 

If I am called, I would given even myself  to them,

I would avoid all problems to them,Always I will pour true happiness

 

Charanam 4

Un idhaathil ezhum thamizh  kavi utkolla vandhen,

Anniyan alla avan endraan, anbudan andayil  vanthu nindraan

 

I came to  take in the tamil poem that  arise in you,

I am not a stranger he told, With love he came near and stood there

 

Charanam 5

Ethanai punniyamo, perum thavam immayil cheithathuvo,

Athanai kandukonden, ivvezhayai  aatkolla vanthano

 

What a great plessing, was it the great penance  done in earlier birth

I  found out that, Has he come to make this poor one , his own

 

Charanam 6

Chatham adangiyathu , shadakshara  thanmai vilangiyathu

Petra pin  akalaa bakthi yennum pithu  pidithathuve

 

The sound calmed down , His six lettered power  became clear

After  getting, the madness of  bakthi   which never goes away attacked me

 

Charanam 7

Thattuva dehangalum than aanava chanchala bedhangalum

Chithathu  irangalum pol , arut   perum chinthanai  ongiyadhe

 

The  philosophical body  and its changes  from pride to nervousness

Came down in the mind  as the  great divine  thought  grew up there

 

Charanam 8

Muthamizh then malarin jnana manam moikka thiran  padaithan

Uthama vazhikal ondre uyanthathu endru unmayai kai pidithen

 

With  the smell of wisdom of the great  tamil of three parts pervading, I got ability

I understood that  only good paths  are great and I held to the truth

 

Charnam 9

Masaatha ullathile  avan padham vaithu vanguvathum

Aasai  pokkuvathum, yellorayum  anbudan  nokkuvathum

 

In the stain free mind, his feet being kept  and my saluting him

With desires  being thrown out and seeing all with love

 

Charanam 10

Yesatha  innilain mikkathondru illai  endre thelinthen, easarkku  manthirathai

Sollugindra  yen guru  nayakane

 

I became clear that there is no great state than  the state of no  fault finding,

Oh My lord  Guru who tells  manthras  to gods

 

Charanam 11

En idhayam  thannaye veenai aakki, innisai  meetiduven,

Un arul  kadalil kilarthu yerum om oli  keettiduven

 

Making my own heart  as Veena , I  will strum  sweet music,

I would hear  the om sound coming out  of the ocean of your blessing

 

Charanam 12

Panniru thol  azhagaa, pon maanikka  paim kadhir,

Velazhagaa  endrum  kanni paruvathinarukku  , iru  kanmani  aaavane

 

Oh twelve   shoulder  beauty, who with the  the golden vel studded with gems,

Is a great beauty who has become two eye balls  to the lasses

 

Charanam 13

AAdum yiyarkkayile  nee nindru  aadidum  natakame

Chudidum men malaril thulangidum   sundara  punnagai

 

The Drama that  you play, standing in the  dancing nature

Is the pretty smile shining in the soft   flowers  they   wear

 

Charanam 14

Kadu maligal  yellam, nin keethiyin ganam  yezhuppuvathanaal

Pala koti  kuralgal  udan naanum unnai koovukindren murugaa

 

Because the  forests and mountain echo the   song of your fame,

Along with several crores of voices, I also   call you, Muruga

 

Charanam 15

Odi  saran pugundhen, guhan ennum ondrai  kalanthu vitten

Yini nee dukhathai  neekkiduvai, ninaippavai nichayam   aagum yendraan  avan

 

I ran   and surrendered to him and I merged in some  thing hing called Guha,

Now you remove my  sorrow, mand then he told  ,what you wish will definitely  happen.

 

Charanam 16

Bodhitha mei  mozhiyaal   arul  puranam aagi nindren, valar  sadhukkal,

SAngathinai jagam  thannil shanthi nilavugave

 

Due the   truth that was taught I stood  with full grace and due to growing,

Company  of good peopled, let peace  prevail  in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment