Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sita Manohara, Srungara shekara

Sita Manohara, Srungara shekara
By
Saint Thyagaraja
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander
Ragam   Rama Manohari
 Thalam Desadhi
Pallavi
Sita Manohara, Srungara shekara
Pallavi
Stealer of the mind of Sita, the treasure house of love
Anupallavi
Vathachanari  vara vahana,
Varijasanadhi  Vandhitha pada
Anupallavi
Oh Lord who rides on Garuda, the enemy of serpents,
Whose feet is worshipped  by Lord Brahma   and others.
Charanam
1.Tholi janmamulanu jesina  poojaa,
Phalamo  leka  needhu kadaksha,
Balamo  neevadanu  nenani  lokulu,
Balkkaga  dhanyudanaithini
Charanam
1.Is it due to result of worship  I did in previous birth?
Or is it due to your seeing with   side of your eyes?
With people of the world telling   that I am your man,
 I  had become  indeed blessed.
2.Dheenaloka samrakshaka Daiva=
Dheenamu ga nee  roopamu  nadhu,
Manasabjamuna  nadi yunadgaa,
Ne nenthati BHagya salino?
2.Oh Lord who protects poor people .
How much luck I should hae had,
For you to occupy my heart  ,
Due to the   grace of God.
3.Dhittathanamunu Bhakthi  sthiramou,
Nattugaa   Sri Rama yennatiki  ,
Gattigaanu Thyagarajuni Cheyi,
Batti  Rakshinchelkovayya.
3.Oh Rama , Please hold this Thyagaraja tightly ,
By his hand so that  , the devotion towards you ,
Would be stable in me for all time to come

And thus please  protect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment