Monday, March 23, 2015

Gathi neevani ne gori

Gathi neevani  ne gori
By
Saint Thyagaraja
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander
Pallavi
Gathi neevani  ne gori vach-,
Chithi thalli  paraakaa
Pallavi
Oh mother    assuming that   you are my protection,
I  have   come with a request to you.Any feeling of neglect towards me
Anupallavi
Mathini yentho  vedhaki sam-,
Mathini Sri Pravruddha sri
Mathi    nee  pada yuga mulane   nera nam-,
Mithini  brovumika  nija  dasulaku  .
Anupallavi
 After greatly searching my brain , taking a decision,
I believed   in  your feet   Oh Goddess Sripruvruddha sri,
Please protect   this true slave  of yours.
Charanam
1.Paramou  sri thapastheetha na-
Garamandhu  nelakonna  paramaanandi  pogada,
Daramaa brhamakainanu,
Daralo nee  sarigaanaa   thalli  nee  vaadanugaanaa,
Parithapamulella   dolaga  yaraka,
Pura nathula  jatha gooti   yabheeshata ,
Varamulichu DAivamu  neevanu  manu,
Sthi , ramathulaigasinaru  ganuka,
Charanam
1.Oh Goddess  who has got established in Lalgudi town,
And is engaged  in givinf divine joy to everybody,
Would Lord Brahma be  able to praise  you?
Oh Goddess in this earth there is no mother  equal to you,
Am I not a person belonging to you?
All the guardians of directions are waiting ,
For getting rid of their sorrows with the  belief,
That you are the goddess    who can give
All  the boons that  they want., with great crtainity.
2. Yi puramuna  bagu  kapuramu  seyuvaa-,
Re punyamu  Jesiro,
Sripura nilayre  prapu koriyunnanu  ,
Amba  parulanenu  vedagalenu,
Joopu  jagu  seyaka neeve   dari-,
Dhapu gaani   anyulevaru   nayeda,
Repu  mapanaka   nee mahimalu balu,
Gopurambu  kaani sujani.
2.What great blessed deeds have been done ,
By those   who are living in this great city,
Oh Goddess  who lives in Sripura , I surrender to you,
Oh Amba , I would not   ask any body else,
Do not delay in seeing me  with  the corner of your eye,
In this earth who else is there   for me except you?
Do not say to me “Tomorrow, tomorrow” .
Oh grat one your fame  is as   tall as the     tower.
3. raka sasi vadane  sarva,
Loka nayaki  vini  maya ne velpu-,
La  Gadhiyou  nee kadakshamuchetha,
Yeka chithamanandhuku  Amba,
Inka  nidaya  yendhuku,
Nee kani  dhana dhanyamula  koraku  yi,
Lokulane  maati  maa-,
Tikaduguta   chowkagani  nee  keerth-
THiki nendhaga vanna  vinthu  Thyagarajuni.
3.Oh goddess  who has a full moon like face  ,
Oh Leader  of the earth , Please hear, oh great enchantress,
You are the primeval goddess to all Gods   ,
Oh mother, When my mind is concentrated on you ,
Why is it that   your kindness  has come,
If on seeing you  I again and  again request ,
You for wealth and grains, it would be dishonorable,
How much can I ask you commensurate   with your fame?





No comments:

Post a Comment