Monday, October 26, 2020

Geethanjali

Geethanjali

 

By

Durgai Chithar

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 

Raga Kanada

Thala Aadhi

 

Pallavi

Neeye  thunai, yenai  kaathiduvai

Nidham nidham veettil poothiduvai

 

You are my only help, Please protect me,

Please daily and daily   flower in my house

 

Anupallavi

Cheyen  yenakku  cheer tharuvai

Maaye thaaye manam tharuvai

 

I am your child, please  give me presents

Oh Mother who is an illusion, give me sweet smell

 

Charanam

 

1.Vaazhvellam dukhame  thunai vanthathu

Paazhellam yenakke  pakalaanathu

Koozh indri vaazhnthen, kookural itten

Kumariye, kanya kumariye

 

All my life only sorrow   came  with me

All  the bare  things became  my day time

I lived without food, I shouted  in sorrow

Oh Kumari  , Oh Kanya kumara

 

2.Narthapathi moondru  konathin thaaye

Thaan paada odiye vantha  nal  maaye

Parppathum nee thaan, palam tharum thai thaan

Ver padai konden , vinai  kalainthaate

 

Oh mother   of forty three   angles,

Oh mother who came running  when I sang about you

You are  the  one who looks after, you are the mother who gives results

I took  the weapon of Vel, and you removed my fate

 

3.Thamarai  pootha   thdaga  thaaye

Cheer  marai pozhintha chirparai  aaye

Naar thisai  poththum nandini  aanaai

Neer magal nilai magal  nirmalai  neeye

 

Oh mother  from lake where  lotus has flowered

You became the goddess  who rained proper rains

U You became Nandini praised by all four direction

The goddess  of water, The goddess of earth and the pure one  you became

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment