Thursday, March 5, 2020

Mother’s last diary noting


Mother’s last diary  noting

By
P.R.Ramachander

(Based on a  whatsapp message in tamil)



The  golden son  whom I fondled
Lifting him over  my head ,
Has grown up above my head

I have one fear , Will he some day,
Say  “Do not interfere in my affairs.”
Oh son  , never  ever   say that.
As soon as  I hear it I will die

When you were  a baby,
You used  to ask me  silly questions,
And I  with a smile , used to always reply.
When I become old  , I may ask you,
Silly   questions like  a baby,
Never ever  shout”shut up”
My mouth may  not open after  that.

When you were  baby, you used to drop,
All  the food you  take  , here and there,
With a smile, I used   to pick  them up,
In my old age, due to hands that shiver,
If I drop  the food, Do not  shout at me,
Afterwards  I may  not take  any food at all.

When you were a baby , always  my  Saris,
Used to smell of your urine,
I used to feel it was the scent of Arabia,
And in old age  , unable  to control,
If  I spill  some times  urine  here  and there,
Do not shout at me , to be carefull,
And say  this smell   will go away only  when you die,
For afterwards, I may never ever open my eyes and die

I should die, when  I have capacity  to walk,
To the   cremation  ground  myself,
Please  son, please  do not put me in an old age home,
There were days  , when I used  to starve  and feed you food,
There were days when I never slept , so that  I can look after you,
And you  have  grown up this big drinking my milk  that was my blood,
At this time  of my life  , all that I want ,
Is to close  my eyes surrounded  by you all,
Please, please my son, fulfill my this last wish”

I am writing all this, not because of the wish,
That you will understand me   and shed a tear ,
On reading all this , but  with a wish,
That no mother  will ever have to write like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment