Friday, March 13, 2020

Geethanjali- Tamil


Geethanjali

Ragam kanada   thalam aadhi

By
Durgai Chithar

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Pallavi
Neeye thunai , yenai  kathiduvai.
Nidham nidham, veettil poothiduvai

Thinking  that  you are  my companion, please  protect me,
Dail , daily  , flower in my house

Anupallavi
Cheyen yenaku  cheer tharuvai,
Mmaye thaaye manam  tharuvai  (Neeye..)

Give me gift to me  who is your child
Oh illusion, oh mother please  grant me a  mind

Charanam
Vaazhavellam  dukhame  thunai  vandathu,
Paazhellam  yenakke  pakalaanathu
Koozhindri  vaazhndhen,. Kookuralitten,
Kumariye  , kanya  kumariye     (neeye)

All my life only sorrow came as my companion.
All the useless  things, became  my day time
I lived   without food, I cried   loudly,
Oh  Kumari , Oh Kanya Kumari

Naarpathi moondru  konathin thhaaye,
Naan pada   odiye vandha  Nal maaye,
Paarpathum nee thaan, phalan  tharum thai thaan
Ver padai kondu  , yen vinai kalainthaye  (neeye..)

Oh mother  who is head of forty three  angles,
Og Good Maya, who came running  , when I sang,
You are the one who sees  and you are the mother  who gives results,
With your Vel weapon, did you not remove my Karma

THamarai  pootha thadaga  thaye,
Cheer marai   pozhintha   chirparai  aaye,
Naathisai pothum, Naagini Aanai,
Neermagal, Nilamagal, nin malai  neeye  (neeye..0

Oh mother  of the pond where lotus has flowered,
You are  the sculpture who    rained  the great Vedas,
You became  the nagini  praised in four directions,
Goddess  Lakshmi , Goddess  earth and your mountain, all are  yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment