Friday, March 13, 2020

Githanjali-Podhigai devi =Tamil


Githanjali-Podhigai  devi

Ragam  Ranjani
Thalam aadhi

By
Durgai Chithar

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Pallavi
Yen mana kovilai   thiranthu  naan vaithen,
Yendru nee varuvai , yezhilai  amara,
Pon malar  manakkum  podigai  vaazh devi,
Kan Malar  malarnthu yennaye   paarppai

I kept   the my  temple   of mind  open,
When will  you come  , to sit prettily there,
Oh  Gooddess who lives in Agasthya hills where golden flower spreads its scent,
Please  open your  flower  like  eyes  and  see only me.

Charanam
Sangisai olithathu  Sankaran kovilil,
Angu naan vandhen ammayai  kana,
POngidum yezhili nee ponathu yenge,
Unnaye  thedi alaikindren amma (yen mana..)

In Sankaran kovil   the sound of conch boomed,
And I came    there   to see the mother,
Where did you who is the ebbing  beauty go?
Oh mother  , I wandering searching  only you

POthigayil uchiyil, un kural koduthai,
Pularnthathu, pularnthathu, yendru  naan vanthen,
Ularntha yen nenjam undhanai  thedi,
Kalanthathu  un thiruvadi   naadi  (yen mana..)

At the top of  Pothikai  mountain   you yelled,
I came thinking that  the dawn has come  , has come,
My dried mind    searching for you,
Searched  for your divine feet  and merged there.

Arul mazhi pozhiyum ammaye  vaaraai,
Irul nilai   vaaraa inbame  thaarai,
POrulmani, pon mani, kanmani, yen mani,
Inmani, paarmani, padappai  vaazh maniye  (yen mana..)

Oh mother  who rains   your blessings , please come,
Please give me sweetness which never allows darkness  to come,
Gem of wealth , golden gem , darling, My gem,
Sweet gem, Please  see gem, Oh Gem who lives  in Padappai

Virutham
Karunai mozhi  pozhiyum  karpaka  thaaye,
Unthan   kazhalkalai nambiye , kathangal vanthen,
Arunai  malai  methu  oli  nee  thanthai,
Arukinil  vanthida  thamatham yeno?

Oh Karpaka mother  , who  rains  kindness,
Believing in your feet, I came   several miles,
You gave  light in the  mountain of sun rise,
Why this delay to come near  me.

Karunai malarkalai moodi nee nindraal,
Kannindri  nirkkum naan  yengu chelven,
Marulum   Mayakkamum yenakken  vanthathu,
Mangaye  pothinen, malanai  vanthathu.

If you close   the flower of kindness  and stand  ,
Where   will I  go, who am blind,
Why ignorance    and confusion came to me  .
Oh lady I praised you  and the  bed of flowers came

No comments:

Post a Comment