Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gathi neere, Guru natha

Gathi neere, Guru natha
(You are my only way ,oh teacher)

By

Uthukadu Venkata Subba iyer

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

Raga Kalyani
Thala Chapu

Pallavi

Gathi neere Gurunaatha, um kamala malar adi yen manadil oora sada


Anupallavi

Nadhi ondru kadal chendru meerumo, Narayana nai konda manam marumo,
Sruthi marai mozhiyinai meerumo. Nee cholli kodutha padham yen kadil yerumo.


Charanam

Pogadha oorukku vazhi ketteno, Mey bodham unarndhu pera matteno,
Yekantha vasi kuulle irukkum hari yai maranthu yedu yedo cholli talam potteno?

English translation

Pallavi

You are my only way, Oh teacher, Always let your lotus like feet get immersed in my mind.

Anupallavi

Will a river which has merged with the sea ever return,
Will the mind full of Narayana ever undergo change,
With the Sruthi go against the words of Vedas,
Will the words of music you taught enter my mind?

Charanam

Did I ask the way to the place that I do not intend to go?
Would I ever understand the true wisdom by myself?
Did I keep beat and talked mere nonsense ,
Forgetting Hari who is inside all persons who stays alone?

4 comments:

  1. How to sign g this song? Can you post audio please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to sign g this song? Can you post audio please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to sign g this song? Can you post audio please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to sign g this song? Can you post audio please?

    ReplyDelete